Idaho lawmakers take up issue of guns on campus
Bill would prevent university officials from regulating guns in most campus settings, except undergraduate dormitories
By Clark Corbin
Idaho Falls Post Register
BOISE — The Idaho House approved a bill Wednesday that would allow people to carry guns on college campuses despite concerns from university and state officials.
House members voted 41-28 to send House Bill 222 to the Senate.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Idaho lawmakers take up issue of guns on campus
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help