Ga. school resource officers seize guns
Authorities said four students were arrested and charged in the fight and were suspended for 10 days
By David Ibata
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. — Police in DeKalb County recovered loaded guns at two separate schools on different days this week, Channel 2 Action News reported. One gun was found on the ground after a fight involving several students, and the other was allegedly taken from the purse of a 16-year-old girl.
A gun was recovered Tuesday afternoon after a fight involving students outside Stone Mountain High School as school was letting out for the day.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. school resource officers seize guns
- Juvenile Crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman