Official: Connecticut gunman's brother cooperating
He still be being questioned but is not in custody and is not believed to have any connection to the school killings
By John Christoffersen
NEWTOWN, Connecticut — A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation of the Connecticut school massacre says the brother of the gunman has been "extremely cooperative" and is not under arrest.
The official tells The Associated Press that Ryan Lanza, of Hoboken, New Jersey, is still be being questioned but is not in custody and is not believed to have any connection to the school killings.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the investigation.
The official says Ryan Lanza's computers and phone records were being searched but only "in an abundance of caution." He says Ryan told authorities he had not been in touch with his brother in recent years.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman