Second suspect charged in Texas college shooting
Officials have said at least 10 shots were fired Tuesday during a dispute between two men at Lone Star College
HOUSTON — Officials say charges have been filed against a second suspect in a shooting at a Texas college that left three people wounded.
The Harris County sheriff's office says a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon was filed Thursday against the second suspect.
The shooting at the Houston-area community college prompted new calls in Texas for allowing concealed handgun license holders to carry their weapons into colleges.
Officials have said at least 10 shots were fired Tuesday during a dispute between two men at Lone Star College-North Harris.
The sheriff's office declined to comment on what role the second suspect person played in the shooting. Another man has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court