2 students dead after shooting in Maryland house
Police say one of the men set a fire in the basement of the home early Tuesday
COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Police say a University of Maryland student shot two housemates, one fatally, in an off-campus residence and then killed himself.
The shooting happened at around 1 a.m. Tuesday in College Park in Prince George's County.
Police did not release the names of any of the students involved in the shooting, but all three were male.
Police say one of the men set a fire in the basement of the home early Tuesday, and when his housemates confronted him he shot them. The injured student is expected to survive.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help