Student suspended after disarming gunman
The teen wrestled the gun from another student when he pointed it at someone
By PoliceOne Staff
Fort Meyers, Fla. — A Cypress Lake high school student was reportedly suspended for three days after he wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen who had threatened to shoot it and pointed it in the direction of a student.
"I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there," said the suspended student, 16, who declined to be identified.
He received a referral the following day stating he had been suspended for his role in an incident where a weapon was presented, according to Fox News.
The boy’s mother stated she believed he was suspended because he refused to cooperate with the investigation because he was scared.
The gunman, 15, was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm on school property and assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, according to the article.
Sgt. David Valez of the Lee County Sheriff's Office told Fox an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy