Philly mom arrested after inciting daughter to fight classmate
Police say the woman doesn't understand why she was arrested for the incident
By David Henry
PHILADELPHIA — A mom from Philadelphia is under arrest after she allegedly incited her 12-year-old daughter to fight another girl. The incident was captured on video outside Primos Elementary School Sunday afternoon. The video was released by police Wednesday.
"Mom still does not believe this is a big deal," Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. "She can't understand why she was arrested."
Police say it's tough to send home the anti-bullying message when parents act like this. "Mom's teaching the kids the wrong thing," Chitwood said. "Mom acted like a moron."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department