Philly mom arrested after inciting daughter to fight classmate
Police say the woman doesn't understand why she was arrested for the incident
By David Henry
PHILADELPHIA — A mom from Philadelphia is under arrest after she allegedly incited her 12-year-old daughter to fight another girl. The incident was captured on video outside Primos Elementary School Sunday afternoon. The video was released by police Wednesday.
"Mom still does not believe this is a big deal," Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. "She can't understand why she was arrested."
Police say it's tough to send home the anti-bullying message when parents act like this. "Mom's teaching the kids the wrong thing," Chitwood said. "Mom acted like a moron."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert