Standoff ensues after Ohio student flashes pellet gun at cop
The teen was taken into custody after telling the resource officer he had a gun and revealed the weapon
By John Seewer
TOLEDO, Ohio — A high school student in Ohio says there were some scary moments when a disruptive 14-year-old flashed a pellet gun at a police officer, leading to a short standoff.
Police in Toledo say the student was taken into custody Monday morning after the standoff ended. No one was injured.
Sixteen-year-old Kayla Williams says the teen had been kicked out of class and sent to a room for students serving in-school suspensions.
She says that's where the boy told a school police officer that he had a gun and briefly took it out of a bag.
Williams says she was just a few feet away and that the gun looked real. She says students ran out of the room screaming.
Police say the teen then was isolated in a hallway.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash