Fla. student shot at high school, teen in custody
The student was shot during an argument with another boy, he's in critical condition but expected to survive
WINTER GARDEN, Fla. — Officials say an Orlando-area student who was shot at his high school is expected to survive and a 17-year-old suspect has been taken into custody.
School officials said Wednesday the shooting took place after the two teenage boys got into a fight at a bus pickup area at West Orange High School. The wounded 15-year-old student had injuries to his face and stomach but was alert when he was taken to a hospital.
Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said at a news conference the shooting took place shortly before 1:30 p.m. as students were being dismissed for the day.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Jane Watrel says the shooter was also a student at the high school.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend