Police: 2 students shot near Michigan State campus
Police are searching for a man who shot two college students inside their apartment near Michigan State University
EAST LANSING, Mich. — Police are searching for a man who shot two college students inside their apartment near Michigan State University.
According to a news release Saturday morning from the East Lansing Police Department, one of the students was listed in critical condition at a hospital. The other was treated and released.
University police tweeted that students were alerted by text message about the shooting. The incident occurred just before 9 p.m. at the Cedar Village apartment complex, less than a mile from the Michigan State campus.
East Lansing police say the suspect being sought was believed to be in his 20s and that the shooting "does not appear to be a random act."
Dispatchers with the city and campus police departments said early Saturday there was no further information to release.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert