SHOT Show 2016: Concerned about over-penetration? Try PolyFrang ammo
At short range, it is deadly, while completely turning to dust on wallboard or metal
You train on your patrol rifle and it is by your side every day. You know it inside and out. In fact, it might even be personal equipment. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could extend your training to things like home protection? The problem is that a standard .223 round has enough power to rip though at least five walls and still be able to kill someone, which is obviously not ideal for home defense.
Enter the PolyFrang 45 grain frangible 5.56mm projectile, equivalent to a 62 grain standard round. The lead-free projectiles were in development for eight years and are made with Metal Impregnated Polymer (MIP) technology designed to disintegrate upon impact, virtually eliminating ricochets and splashback. PolyFrang is accurate up to 200 yards. At short range, it is deadly, while completely turning to dust on wallboard or metal. In a nutshell:
- Projectiles disintegrate on impact at any angle when hitting AR500 steel plate
- Projectile disintegration begins at ½" and completes at 7" in ballistic gelatin
- The projectiles have extreme lethality into soft targets due to rapid energy transfer
- No shrapnel is created since there is no jacket or plating
- Velocity is > 3,100 fps (comparable to standard 223/5.56mm ammunition)
- Cycles in fully-automatic rifles with barrels as short as 10.5" and with suppressors
PolyFrang allows you to use your favorite and familiar .223 or 5.56 AR platform as a defense weapon without needing to worry about over-penetration.