Fed-up Chicago cop blogs about 'hacks' running PD
The officer posted a 3,000-word critique of the Police Department to his blog with the title, "A City at War with Itself: Chicago — Fast Tracking to Anarchy"
By Neil Steinberg
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — To be a police officer is to make hard decisions. Stop this guy or that guy? Go through the front door or around the back? Shoot or don't shoot?
Later, those decisions get second-guessed, by the brass, by the media, by the officers themselves. Sometimes an action that some view as heroic others find deplorable.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform