Sample police department social media policies
These examples give you a look into how various departments have structured their approach
With social media’s role in law enforcement growing rapidly, we wanted to provide cops and departments with the building blocks for a sound policy.
From how you interact with the public to the way cops use these programs while off duty, these examples give you a look into how various departments have structured their approach. They might be useful in constructing your own policy.
- Investigative Use - How police officers use social media platforms to help solve crimes.
- Agency’s Use - How departments reach out and interact with the community, partly to build a relationship and partly to gather information.
- Off-Duty Employee Use - How cops should properly interact and behave on social media platforms.
Read more on AELE.org.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman