Video: LA cop explains Golden Globes security
Fans and celebrities will descend upon the venue Sunday
By PoliceOne Staff
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — When the Golden Globe Awards take place in Beverly Hills on Sunday, hundreds will descend upon the venue, both audience and celebrity.
State, local, and federal agencies want to make sure the event is safe, yet enjoyable. In the video below, watch Sgt. Brad Cornelius of the Beverly Hills Police Department explain the security measures that will be taken.
"We don't ask for autographs,” Cornelius says. “Our job in the end is to coordinate safety for all, and that includes the venue, the celebrities, the guest and the surrounding community."
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house