Teen uses Facebook to alert cops in mom's domestic
He wrote, "Would somebody please call 911 - my mom's boyfriend won't let her use the phone."
ST. PAUL, Minn. — A Minnesota teenager, fearing his mother's alleged attacker would hear him if he called 911, used Facebook to summon police, officials said.
Hearing his mother, Kelly Heinl, 33, scream for help as her boyfriend allegedly beat her, the 15-year-old, of St. Paul, used his cellphone to post a message on Facebook, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms