Facebook pulls cop killer Jamie Hood’s fan page
While the page immediately became a target of controversy, it also gained support: Nearly 2,000 people “liked” it
By PoliceOne Staff
ATHENS-CLARK, Ga. — A police department in Georgia decided to create a Facebook page to aid their search for cop killer Jamie Hood last week. Sometime after that page went up, a fan page was created in support of Hood.
While the page immediately became the target of controversy, it also gained support: Nearly 2,000 people “liked” the fan page.
Facebook has since removed the page.
The video below explores the freedom of speech that goes along with censoring this type of behavior. Watch the video and please discuss the issue in the comments section.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house