Cops arrest Ill. boy who made Facebook sex-ranking list
Crude list ranked girls at Oak River High School by their sexual characteristics and behaviors
By Bill Dwyer
OAK PARK, Ill. - An Oak Park teen faces criminal charges for circulating a list ranking 50 girls at Oak Park-River Forest High School by their sexual characteristics and alleged sexual behaviors, police said.
The youth, who already had been expelled from the school for making the list, was arrested Monday and charged as a juvenile with disorderly conduct, authorities said. He was released to his guardians.
The list emerged in January and described the girls by explicit, derogatory nicknames and assessed their physical appearance, sexual desirability, sexual activity and other characteristics. It was posted on Facebook, and hundreds of copies were printed and distributed at the high school during lunch period, before the school administration intervened.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help