Fugitive taunts police on Facebook to catch him
'Catch me if you can. I'm in Brooklyn,' read the page
NEW YORK — A fugitive who taunted police on his Facebook page to 'catch me if you can. I'm in Brooklyn' has been arrested.
The Daily News says U.S. marshals and NYPD detectives tracked Victor Burgos down to an apartment in Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood Monday night, sitting at a computer with his Facebook page open.
The 29-year-old suspect was wanted by police in Utica, New York, on multiple arrest warrants for domestic violence and harassment of his former girlfriend.
He allegedly issued the Facebook challenge after his mug shot appeared on the Utica Police Department's 10 most wanted list.
Utica Sgt. Steve Hauck tells the News: "He told us via Facebook to come and get him and we did."
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help