Calif. college student accused of Facebook threat
Prosecutors say a student promised a Virginia Tech-style shooting
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — Prosecutors say a student posted terrorist threats on his Facebook page promising a Virginia Tech-style shooting at a Southern California college.
Stanley Roring pleaded not guilty Thursday in San Bernardino, Calif., to a felony count of making a terrorist threat.
The 30-year-old is a student at Crafton Hills College in Yucaipa, Calif., and is in jail on $50,000 bail.
The San Bernardino County Sun reports Roring was arrested hours after school district police contacted sheriff's deputies on Wednesday about Roring's Facebook postings.
Investigators say the Internet postings indicated Roring was planning violence at Crafton Hills College, an attack he claimed would be similar to the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings that killed 32 people and wounded 25.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- School Violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman