Woman asks Facebook friends to report her robbery
Deprived of her phone, woman used her computer to report the crime
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — A U.S. woman has found a unique use for her Facebook account: reporting a robbery.
Chattanooga Police said 20-year-old Rolanda Hill answered a knock at her door Sunday night and a man stuck a gun through the open door and forced his way inside. He demanded money while holding Hill at gunpoint and took cash and her cell phone.
Deprived of her phone, Hill used her computer to report the crime to her Facebook friends and asked them to call police. Someone did and police responded.
Police are following up leads, but there was no immediate arrest in the robbery.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house