World Zombie Day triggers police warning
Deputy commissioner Ross Barnett held an amusing press conference after a mock alert was sent out
The Gympie Times
QUEENSLAND, Australia — Tomorrow is World Zombie Day and Queensland police are asking where you will turn for the latest information should things get ugly.
Deputy commissioner Ross Barnett held an amusing press conference after a mock alert was sent out yesterday, showing there is a humorous side to the police service.
While a disclaimer stated "There is no information suggesting thata zombie attack is actually imminent," the alert read on to state the purpose of the media event was to help "Queenslanders survive a possible zombie attack".
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: World Zombie Day triggers police warning
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman