Police post Facebook crime tips to educate community
Crime reduction officer: Tips obvious, but surprising how people forget
BOROUGH: Followers of the Basildon Community Safety Partnership (CSP) Facebook page can receive daily crime prevention tips throughout November to help prevent them from becoming a victim of crime. The CSP, made up of 20 organisations including Basildon Council and Essex Police, is publishing useful safety tips on its Facebook page including advice about car crime, shed and garage burglaries and home security.
Mick Armstrong, Crime Reduction Officer at Essex Police, said: "Some of these tips may sound obvious, but it is surprising how many people forget to lock doors and windows, or leave their sat-nav on display in their car."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy