Law enforcement learns to ‘like’ Facebook
Forays into social media manage to nab criminals in unexpected ways
By Kirk Brown
ANDERSON, S.C. — A growing number of law enforcement agencies, including the sheriff's offices in Anderson and Pickens counties, are creating Facebook pages to enlist the public's help to solve crimes.
"It's the wave of the now," said Chad McBride, spokesman for the Anderson County Sheriff's Office, which created its second Facebook page last month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Law enforcement learns to ‘like’ Facebook
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house