Calif. police honored for outstanding service
Det. Jonathan Sampson was named Police Officer of the Year for his professionalism and high quality work
By Samantha Schaefer
Orange County Register
IRVINE, Calif. — Irvine police officers were recently honored for outstanding service at the 41st Annual Irvine Police Department Awards Banquet.
Det. Jonathan Sampson was named Police Officer of the Year for his professionalism and high quality work, which have garnered citizen commendations. He's investigated some of the most serious crimes, including robbery, homicide and crimes against children.
Sampson was nominated by peers and supervisors for the award, and is know as a confident, highly-skilled investigator with a humble and courteous demeanor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. police honored for outstanding service
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house