Twitter snap catches transit cop sleeping on job
Transit police staff discovered a picture of the sleeping officer that a passenger posted to Twitter
By Richard Weir
The Boston Herald
BOSTON — A 29-year veteran transit cop is facing disciplinary action for dozing on the job while posted at a substation serving the Mattapan high-speed line and Blue Hill Avenue buses, according to MBTA police officials.
Transit police staff discovered a picture of the sleeping officer that a passenger posted to Twitter on Tuesday night about 9:40 p.m. and immediately dispatched a supervisor to the River Street station in Mattapan, said Transit Police Deputy Chief Joseph O'Connor.
'When the supervisor got there minutes later, he found the officer alert and attending to his duties,' O'Connor said, adding that the officer did not deny catching some Z's while on duty.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Twitter snap catches transit cop sleeping on job
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help