Judge: Legal for Facebook 'friends' to show profiles to police
Authorities collected evidence from the Facebook page of a reputed Bronx gang member who boasted online about his alleged criminal exploits
By Bruce Golding
The New York Post
NEW YORK — With Facebook "friends" like this, who needs enemies?
A reputed Bronx gang-banger who boasted online about his alleged criminal exploits had his "private" posts reviewed by the feds after one of his Facebook friends turned rat.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds