Va. chief: Facebook is rumor control for police
Police departments are learning to put their own spin on the news
By Zachary Reid
Richmond Times Dispatch
RICHMOND, Va. — The fragmented world of information dissemination is taking a literal turn toward law and order.
Police departments across the country and beyond are learning how to put their own spin on the news they create, and for three days this week, dozens of those departments are in downtown Richmond learning the tricks of the trade.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. chief: Facebook is rumor control for police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help