Va. chief: Facebook is rumor control for police
Police departments are learning to put their own spin on the news
By Zachary Reid
Richmond Times Dispatch
RICHMOND, Va. — The fragmented world of information dissemination is taking a literal turn toward law and order.
Police departments across the country and beyond are learning how to put their own spin on the news they create, and for three days this week, dozens of those departments are in downtown Richmond learning the tricks of the trade.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. chief: Facebook is rumor control for police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman