Ariz. cop's demotion over Obama Facebook pic upheld
City leaders said his actions brought embarrassment to the Police Department and to the city
PEORIA, Ariz. — An Arizona police officer, demoted after posting a Facebook photo of a bullet-riddled T-shirt with President Obama's likeness, lost an appeal for reinstatement.
Pat Shearer, a Peoria, Ariz., police sergeant, was suspended and demoted to officer after his post, showing a local teen holding the shirt, caught national attention in January, The Arizona Republic said Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms