Calif. police spreading news faster with social media
One town is using Twitter and Nixle to text and email the community important news
The Press Enterprise
CORONA, Calif. — The Corona Police Department is now providing more information to the city's residents, and in ways that a recent study shows many Americans prefer to receive it.
Corona police public information officers in November sent their first news releases via Twitter and Nixle, a third-party service that distributes information from public-safety agencies, businesses and other groups.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court