Calif. police spreading news faster with social media
One town is using Twitter and Nixle to text and email the community important news
The Press Enterprise
CORONA, Calif. — The Corona Police Department is now providing more information to the city's residents, and in ways that a recent study shows many Americans prefer to receive it.
Corona police public information officers in November sent their first news releases via Twitter and Nixle, a third-party service that distributes information from public-safety agencies, businesses and other groups.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend