Photo: Cleveland kidnap survivor sends police ‘thank you’ note
Michelle Knight thanked police on behalf of herself and the other two victims for their help and support
By PoliceOne Staff
CLEVELAND — One of the three women kidnapped by Ariel Castro and kept captive for more than 10 years wrote a thank you note to Cleveland’s Second District thanking them for their efforts.
Michelle Knight, the first of three women kidnapped, expressed her gratitude to the department for their support and time spent collecting gifts and cards for the girls.
The department shared the note with their Facebook fans, which has now accumulated over 1400 likes since Wednesday night.
Castro pleaded guilty to 937 counts, including aggravated murder, kidnapping, rape and assault, and was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole plus 1,000 years.
(Photo courtesy Cleveland Police)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help