'Awesome' police tweet gets mechanic in search of weed fired
Toronto police decided to tweet back to acknowledge they saw the post
By PoliceOne Staff
TORONTO — A mechanic was fired after his Tweet requesting a dealer to deliver marijuana to the body shop where he worked was noticed by police.
The man, posting under the username Sunith Baheerathan, wrote the message "Any dealers in Vaughan wanna make a 20sac chop? Come to Keele/Langstaff Mr. Lube, need a spliff or two to help me last this open to close,” on his Twitter account, according to CBC News.
The York Regional Police replied to the post with “Awesome! Can we come too?” The humorous response has received more than 5,700 retweets.
The body shop manager confirmed that the employee had been fired, but did not comment further. The shop’s account tweeted,“Thank you to the York Regional Police for your help and great work. The matter has now been handled,” Tuesday night.
- Police Humor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house