Video: Suspects Snapchat 3-state pursuit with Cincinnati cops
The pursuit covered 55 miles
By PoliceOne Staff
CINCINNATI — While evading police, three suspects posted videos to a popular photo sharing app of the incident, Cleveland.com reported.
Anthony Dewayne Knight, 24, Jehwaun Booker, 22, and Chucky Foley, 19, were originally stopped by police on Feb. 2 for traffic violations. The driver, Knight, didn’t stop and continued driving into Kentucky, continuing to Indiana before returning to Ohio.
Officers pursued the suspects for 55 miles in patrol vehicles and helicopters. The suspects eventually stopped in a restaurant parking lot and were taken into custody. A fourth person was released.
When officers searched the vehicle, they found videos of the pursuit that had been posted on the social application Snapchat. A handgun and marijuana were also found in the car.
"We appreciate the suspects videotaping. That will help us with our evidence," Hamilton County Sheriff Chief Mark Schoonover told Fox19.com.
The suspects all face felony charges. Booker and Foley have outstanding warrants connected to gang activity.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend