San Francisco's 'hot cop of Castro' goes viral on Facebook
The Facebook page, created about two weeks ago, was nearing 13,000 "likes" late Wednesday
By Nannette Miranda
NBC Bay Area
SAN FRANCISCO — Social media fans now have someone on the right side of the law to love in the form of the "Hot Cop of Castro," also known as San Francisco Police Officer Chris Kohrs.
The cop's admirers began when writer and amateur photographer Mark Abramson captured on his iPhone the 6-year veteran guarding a construction zone in San Francisco's Castro District. Photos of Kohr took off by getting reposted on Facebook.
Nathan Tatterson was such a big fan he started a Facebook fan page for Kohrs. The Facebook page, created about two weeks ago, was nearing 13,000 "likes" late Wednesday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend