Video: Pickup game between Mo. cops, kids goes viral
The officers said taking 30 minutes to play isn’t that rare; it just happened to be captured on camera this time
By Sean McDowell and Michelle Pekarsky
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man identified on Facebook as a teacher of special education at J.C. Harmon High School in Kansas City, Kan., posted a video to his page of police officers playing basketball with kids.
“There have been several times we’ve stopped to play basketball with them, throwing the football around and stuff like that,” said Officer Todd Templeton.
He, along with officers Tanner Moats and William Hooley said taking 30 minutes to play isn’t that rare; it just happened to be captured on camera this time.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend