NY cops nab drug dealers after text message
Message for buyer gets sent to task force agent by mistake
The Associated Press
PINE PLAINS, N.Y. — An errant text message is costing three New York drug-dealing suspects dearly.
Police say the suspects made a mistake when trying to text a potential buyer and instead reached a task force agent in Dutchess County, about 50 miles north of New York City.
The three were arrested after arranging a meeting with the agent, who pretended to be the buyer.
Police say they recovered 60 bags of heroin. Task force Sgt. Brett Orlich says, "Their bad luck is our good luck."
The three are due in town court in Pine Plains on Wednesday to face felony charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert