Ga. police begin 18-wheeler crash crackdown
Safety Department officers are patrolling I-75 watching for vehicles traveling too closely to commercial trucks and trucks tailing vehicles
By Joy Lukachick
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CATOOSA, Ga. — State officer Christopher Ware will never forget when he answered an emergency call nine years ago and saw a car lodged beneath an 18-wheeler.
The family inside the car was dead.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. police begin 18-wheeler crash crackdown
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper