Gang-related Utah shootout sparks massive SWAT raids
Fighting gang violence in the community has become a top priority
By Cimaron Neugebauer And Bob Mims
The Salt Lake Tribune
KEARNS, Utah — Salt Lake County law enforcement officials say they want to send a clear message regarding violent gang activity in the valley --- it won't be tolerated.
"If you commit violent crime in our community, it will be addressed, it will be investigated and it will be prosecuted from the day of the event to the day of sentencing," said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill at a news conference here Friday. "That is a commitment we are making to each other and to this community."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house