Video: Australian police search boat capsizes
A police boat assisting in a search for a missing Congolese boy in Australia overturned off a New South Wales beach
SOUTH WALES, Australia — Six police divers and their equipment were thrown into the water after the motor on their boat cut out and it was hit by a wave off Corrimal Beach, in Wollongong.
None of the police officers were injured in the incident but the rough sea conditions impeded the search for eight-year-old Elakimu Muteba who went swimming on Monday evening and has not been seen since.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Video: Australian police search boat capsizes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman