'Occupy' protester: Week in Chicago jail 'was awesome'
Charged with assaulting officer; case was dismissed by local judge
By Rummana Hussein
CHICAGO — A Los Angeles man in town for anti-NATO demonstrations earlier this month has been cleared of attacking a Chicago Police officer. And he spoke highly Tuesday of his week in Cook County Jail.
"It was awesome," Danny Johnson, 31, said of his incarceration here. "I would not speak badly of my time in Cook County Jail."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Crowd Control
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend