Former Chicago PD Supt.: Bring back specialized units
'We need to bring the Targeted Response Unit and the Mobile Strike Force back,' agrees city alderman
By Frank Main
CHICAGO — With murders soaring this year in Chicago, former police Supt. Jody Weis said he understands some aldermen's call for a return to the specialized citywide units he put on the streets to fight crime.
Weis said that might not be possible because of a decline in the number of officers on the police department since he left office in early 2011.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert