Former Chicago PD Supt.: Bring back specialized units
'We need to bring the Targeted Response Unit and the Mobile Strike Force back,' agrees city alderman
By Frank Main
CHICAGO — With murders soaring this year in Chicago, former police Supt. Jody Weis said he understands some aldermen's call for a return to the specialized citywide units he put on the streets to fight crime.
Weis said that might not be possible because of a decline in the number of officers on the police department since he left office in early 2011.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help