NY trooper official starter of St. Pat's parade
Technical Lt. Michael Greco will be the first state trooper to ever blow the ceremonial starting whistle at the parade
NEW YORK — A New York State trooper has been selected to be the official starter for New York City's St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Parade organizers have named Technical Lt. Michael Greco of Troop NYC.
They say it marks the first time that a state trooper will officially blow the ceremonial starting whistle.
The 253rd annual parade is scheduled for March 17. It's the largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the nation.
The New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade and Celebration Committee says Greco was chosen for his loyalty and dedication to the New York State Police.
He's a 32-year veteran of the force.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house