FULL LIST OF Standoff Videos
Dallas lawyer killed after opening fire at police–
Michael Edward Schmidt, a lawyer at a prominent law firm, reported a burglary, then opened fire on responding officers.
Bystander captures fatal Ore. city shooting–
Tim Gleason, 55, was about to head to the store on Sunday when fire and police vehicles, sirens blaring, barreled down his Oregon City street.
Standoff in progress between Texas police and gunman–
Police believe the suspect has multiple weapons and a SWAT unit has arrived on scene.
NC cop fatally shoots man ending hour standoff–
A man was killed Tuesday by police after reportedly waving a gun at officers and repeatedly saying “shoot me.”
Reality Training: Richland EDP–
One of the issues facing officers in any extended standoff situation is how to maintain their heightened vigilance as time wears on. PoliceOneTV's Dave Smith takes a look at a real life example of how attention and fatigue can actually become distractors to one another in critical situations. Related Links: Visit the PoliceOne Officer Safety Section Relevant PoliceOne Links: Visit the Police Community Topic section Law Enforcement News PoliceGrantsHelp.com
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help