Man surrenders after two-hour standoff in Boston
By Brian R. Ballou, Boston Globe staff writer
© Copyright 2006 The New York Times Company
A police sergeant working a detail on Harvard Street yesterday about 1:45 p.m. heard gunshots and seconds later located a male suspect, who fled on foot when he saw the officer, said Rafael E. Ruiz, deputy superintendent. "There was a woman with him. They ran into 78 Westmore."
Ruiz said the sergeant called for backup, reporting a possible hostage situation. Police then swarmed into the neighborhood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man surrenders after two-hour standoff in Boston
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds