N.C. man fatally shot during confrontation with SWAT
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer, N.C.
A Catawba County man was shot to death during a confrontation with law enforcement authorities Tuesday.
Marty Dale Rogers, 32, was shot to death in a field near his home in Catawba County, northeast of Hickory, after the confrontation with the county's SWAT team. Authorities said they didn't know who fired first or who shot Rogers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms