Bank robbers in deadly standoff had robbed same Fla. bank before
The Associated Press
KISSIMMEE, Fla.- Two bank robbers whose botched heist near Walt Disney World turned into a hostage standoff had robbed the same bank in November, the surviving suspect told investigators, Osceola County sheriff's officials said Thursday.
Moeller's alleged accomplice, Gaetano Alessandrello, 50, was killed by a police sniper after he threatened to kill himself and a hostage, Sheriff Bob Hansell said.
Moeller was charged Thursday with four counts relating to the November robbery, including armed robbery with a firearm, grand theft and false imprisonment. She is also charged with one count of armed robbery in the this week's standoff and is being held without bail.
None of the four bank employees taken hostage during the ordeal was injured.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms