Bank robbers in deadly standoff had robbed same Fla. bank before
The Associated Press
KISSIMMEE, Fla.- Two bank robbers whose botched heist near Walt Disney World turned into a hostage standoff had robbed the same bank in November, the surviving suspect told investigators, Osceola County sheriff's officials said Thursday.
Moeller's alleged accomplice, Gaetano Alessandrello, 50, was killed by a police sniper after he threatened to kill himself and a hostage, Sheriff Bob Hansell said.
Moeller was charged Thursday with four counts relating to the November robbery, including armed robbery with a firearm, grand theft and false imprisonment. She is also charged with one count of armed robbery in the this week's standoff and is being held without bail.
None of the four bank employees taken hostage during the ordeal was injured.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter