Neb. stand-off requires diners to dash
By Jason Kuiper and Abe Winter
OMAHA, Neb. - Police with a riot shield and drawn weapons were not supposed to be on the menu Tuesday night for 60 people enjoying dinner at the Old Country Buffet near 75th and Dodge Streets.
But after one of four men believed to have been involved in a shooting that afternoon ran into the restaurant about 6:30 p.m., police evacuated the place.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Neb. stand-off requires diners to dash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house