Stand-off in La. ends in suicide
By Richard Burgess
CHATAIGNIER, La. — A man who shot at an Evangeline Parish deputy late Monday apparently killed himself during an overnight standoff, deputies said Tuesday.
Charles J. Armand III, 54, was found dead about 3 a.m. when a State Police SWAT team stormed his ex-wife's mobile home early Tuesday after nine hours of unsuccessful attempts to communicate with him, Sheriff's Office Lt. Dwayne Fontenot said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Stand-off in La. ends in suicide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy