Stand-off in La. ends in suicide
By Richard Burgess
CHATAIGNIER, La. — A man who shot at an Evangeline Parish deputy late Monday apparently killed himself during an overnight standoff, deputies said Tuesday.
Charles J. Armand III, 54, was found dead about 3 a.m. when a State Police SWAT team stormed his ex-wife's mobile home early Tuesday after nine hours of unsuccessful attempts to communicate with him, Sheriff's Office Lt. Dwayne Fontenot said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Stand-off in La. ends in suicide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help