Tex. police in standoff with fired worker
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
GARLAND, Texas - An armed nursing home employee who was fired Tuesday barricaded himself in the building with some residents still inside, police said.
No injuries were immediately reported in the standoff in this Dallas suburb. An unknown number of residents were still inside, and some employees stayed behind to take care of them, police spokesman Joe Harn said.
Some residents managed to get out, but Harn said he did not know how many.
''There are still people inside, but nobody is in there that we consider a hostage,'' Harn said.
A SWAT team was called in, and police were talking with the man, Harn said.
The Castle Manor nursing home has about 100 residents.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests