Sex offender fatally shoots self during Houston stand-off
By Lindsay Wise and Mike Glenn
The Houston Chronicle
HOUSTON — A nearly six-hour standoff at a southwest side apartment complex Wednesday afternoon ended when SWAT officers forced their way into a unit and found an armed man dead.
Police say they think Michael Lightning shot himself in the head before SWAT arrived at the Victoria Condos after they were called there about 1 p.m., Houston Police Department Capt. Bruce Williams said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help