Former N.Y. police officer dead after standoff in Florida
BY JOSEPH MALLIA
NASSAU COUNTY, N.Y. — A retired Nassau County police officer killed himself this morning after breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Orange County, Fla., home and threatening her, Florida authorities said.
Deputies sent in a surveillance robot to confirm that Michael Zuzio, 56, was dead, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house