Former N.Y. police officer dead after standoff in Florida
BY JOSEPH MALLIA
NASSAU COUNTY, N.Y. — A retired Nassau County police officer killed himself this morning after breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Orange County, Fla., home and threatening her, Florida authorities said.
Deputies sent in a surveillance robot to confirm that Michael Zuzio, 56, was dead, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police